Ironing beads for miniatures

I recently picked up a pack of these for about £1 in FlyingTiger, inspired by a browse on Pinterest! Here's a couple of great uses for these, providing they aren't spilt all over the floor.
1. Nail polish bottles.
I haven't done this one yet, despite the fact it was the main reason I got the beads! Essentially, you colour a cocktail stick with black marker or nail varnish, trim it, and glue it into the end of one bead to create a little bottle of nail varnish for dressing tables.
2. Play table
This is something I've always seen in places like waiting rooms, and I decided to create my own version- true to myself, using recycling! This toy is made of two paper clips, a bottle cap, and some trimmed ironing beads. I used a craft knife to cut them.

3. Scent bottle
Another very easy one- just glued to the top of a pony bead to make a simple yet cute addition to the dressing table. I used some very small rhinestones to add a little flair (pun intended) for my critters.

4. Kitchen mats
While the main use and intention for these is to iron them, I decided to glue them together instead, as I wanted to keep the height. As you can see, these are the colours for the caravan. I glued the sides of the beads, as well as using a very thin layer of UHU on a piece of parchment/non stick paper.
5. Tiny bowler hat!
This is one of my favourite DIY projects- I used a bought wooden cube, an old wire notebook, some paint, a little clay bear I made and some small stones. I used a cut bead to create the hat on the bear, and give it a jaunty little finish.
I think Kim likes it! She's very old and a little purple stained, but a very loved Huckleberry/Ramsey.


Comments

  1. I love you DIY projects! The play table is a great idea and the bowler hat came out great. Very creative! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to enter comments! Reminder: the little ones can see these, and we will remove any with bad language.

Popular Posts